GIMFLwriting

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIMFL writing class

+58
이하늬
권희원
김혜진1-2
장수영 1-1
이승현 2-2
김소희 1-3
이주현1-2
김혜진2-3
하지연
김수완1-3
홍자현
최정원
성다정 2-2
도혜정
정예진1-1
옥유진2-2
Jongwoo_Glen
방승현2-3
이주영
강재원2-2
김혜수1-3
김성령 2-3
손명진2-3
전지연1-2
안예은 2-1
윤형
김혜주2-3
최혁주
장아정
김현희
2319조혜나
전유림
이지수2-3
김고운
서혜빈1-1
정희은2-3
신다영
김민정2-2
박지호 2-3
김지수
이시원 2-2
최현준2-3
조영미 2-2
이동엽
우지훈 2-1
강지훈
최유빈
이상범
2-2 진우
박한울 2-2
박준효 2-2
정연수 2-2
윤영돈 1-1
1107배준우
이주현2-1
이송영2-3
민성
JesseTeacher
62 posters

Response 1: Violence

JesseTeacher
    JesseTeacher
    Admin

Response 1: Violence Empty Response 1: Violence

Post  JesseTeacher Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 am

Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.

(Reference: This thread is about 40 words.)
    민성

Response 1: Violence Empty Re: Response 1: Violence

Post  민성 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

[quote="JesseTeacher"]Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

[i]Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

In my opinion, I absoultely think that violence in television programs and video games leads to vioence in our society. It is human's basic trait and instinct to be similar to the environment surrounding them. When it comes to this topic I cannot help but to mention this example. It is widely known that the children who are raised by violent parents tend to be violent themselves. I think the topic is almost similar to this example. It's just the difference of intensity. Yes, it's just the difference of intensity. To add, here is one thing that I wanna point out. I don't argue that violent television programs and video games are the main reasons. There are many factors involved to the violence in our society. What I wanna say is that it is one of those reasons for sure with any doubt. So, this is what I wanna assert undet the topic. I wrote a little bit casually unlike the actual debate script that I enjoy to write.(By the way, it's amazing that I'm the fist who replys for this topic. Hope more students join in this topic ASAP )
    이송영2-3
    이송영2-3

Response 1: Violence Empty Television affects our personality

Post  이송영2-3 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

Not the television programs or the video games do not leads to violence, but violent scenes showed by those devices may affect people.
    In former days, I happened to see a experiment on the television. It was about 'affect of television on our lives'. The participants who are very young, maybe around 6, were divided into two groups. 1st group children watched good video, like a mother is saying to her son 'I love you'.However, 2nd group children watched violent videos, like a boy is kicking dolls and toys. After all of the two groupsfinished to watch the video, they went to the another room where there was dolls, toy swords, punch bag, or etc. 1st group children who watched good video hug the dolls or play with the toys quitely. However, 2nd group children who watched violent video punched the punch bag or hit the wall and dolls with the toy sword.
    As we can know about this experiment, watching violent video for a short time affects our emotions a lot.
    So, my opinion is that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society.
    이주현2-1

Post  이주현2-1 Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm

I strongly believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society as they make people, especially children, violent. According to many studies, children tend to copy others’ behaviors that were shown to them and I think this is the perfect reason for why people should not let young children to watch violent things. Last year, one of my younger cousins came to my house to play with me and my brother. We gave him some dolls and toys to play with. However, he did not play with them; he tried to destroy them. He was twisting dolls’ necks, was trying to tear dolls and was punching the robots. We were very surprised at his behaviors as he was so young. We asked him why he was punching and hitting toys. He replied that he was just doing the same thing that one of the characters in a movie did. We later found out that the movie he saw was a very violent movie. As it seems violent movies, TV programs and video games do influence children to be violent and those children are likely to remain violent even after they became an adult, I think violent TV programs and video games lead to violence in our society.
    1107배준우

Post  1107배준우 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:16 pm

JesseTeacher wrote:Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.

As a game fan i strongly oppose with games and TV being related with violence in our society. since a just simple factor such as watching TV or playing Tv cannot be a reason for expressing violence in our society. moreover, According to a research conducted by Florida state univ. and Taxas INT. Univ. reserchers could not find any correlation between violence and violent media exposure. However, there had been research that shows violent media reduce chance of violence by releasing their stress or violence in virtual world. there was study that if one play game without violent things one would be just be more relaxed than others who play game with violent content. therefore, i strongly thing violent media does not lead ot violence.(if it did i would be in prison-_-'')
    윤영돈 1-1

Post  윤영돈 1-1 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Of course I agree that violence in television programs and video games can lead to violence in our society. The teenagers in society tend to imitate something they can see, they imitate violent things in the TV, then the teenagers who will be the majority in our society become violent, so the whole society can be violent. But I think there is another severe cause which makes violence. It is school. In school, teenagers learn swear words by friends, they learn how to fight by friends, and they become literally 'violent'. Schools and teachers, However, reamin spectators despite these wrong situations. Violence in TV programs and video games can be a factor that causes violence in society, but it is just a minor factor. The main problem is in school. The teenagers need immediate assistances. The public and the government should pay more attention to them and change some education policies to fix this social problem.
    정연수 2-2

Response 1: Violence Empty Violence in media effects to people

Post  정연수 2-2 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:15 pm

These days we can esaily get violent media by downloading them illegaly and it brings out the problems, especially students criminal. we can usually receive bad news that a student with an addiction to violent games commited a crime.
    Because people are effected their surroundig materials. Especially students more can be assimilated with violence because thay don't have the ability to draw a sharp line between a reality and imaginary world that the violent scene in media makes. For example, they, students want to be guys who are in the wonderful but violent media beacuse students who meet the violent world think that their criminal acts like stab, shooting could be justified and reasonable. Thus, Violence in media leads to violence in our society.

Last edited by 정연수 2-2 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    박준효 2-2

Post  박준효 2-2 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

In my opinion, there's no relationship between violence in our society and entertainments which have violent factors. The reason why I argue like this is that there're many examples of violence in the past. For instance, the Nazi, lots of bad actions which was made by Soviet and U.S in the Vietnam War, EXTREMELY CRAZY behaviors of Japan from 1910 to 1945 in Korea, many events of religions in the ancient times, many crimes which weren't exposed to public or many many violence and actions which conclude a little bit of violence. There was no TV, computer or video games. However, we can get a lot of examples of violence actions from the past. So, it is not true that television programs and video games lead to violence. I think it is just instinct of humanity.
    박한울 2-2

Response 1: Violence Empty Violence by the Mass media?

Post  박한울 2-2 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

JesseTeacher wrote:Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

I cannot imagine why some of the older generation believes that violence in the mass media the source of one in the society. They insist that force in them encourages the people to be violent. Despite of their belief, we, members of society are not a kind of the indiscreet affected by mere TV shows and games. We know if something could be tolerated. Therefore the assertion that believes violence in the society is derived from the mass media is a kind of nonsence. In contrast with what they believe, those mass media act as an outlet of bad feelings, like frustration, which could alter to violence and explode. I believe this kind of media should be promoted rather than oppressed, and that is the best way to rule the social violence.
    JesseTeacher
    JesseTeacher
    Admin

Post  JesseTeacher Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Great thoughts so far, guys. Keep it up!
    2-2 진우

Response 1: Violence Empty Media is not the main assaulter!

Post  2-2 진우 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:57 pm

박한울 2-2 wrote:

I cannot imagine why some of the older generation believes that violence in the mass media the source of one in the society. They insist that force in them encourages the people to be violent. Despite of their belief, we, members of society are not a kind of the indiscreet affected by mere TV shows and games. We know if something could be tolerated. Therefore the assertion that believes violence in the society is derived from the mass media is a kind of nonsence. In contrast with what they believe, those mass media act as an outlet of bad feelings, like frustration, which could alter to violence and explode. I believe this kind of media should be promoted rather than oppressed, and that is the best way to rule the social violence.

Strongly agree with you 한울!
    Thanks for your oppinion, it really suits mine.
    I cannot understand why people end up shouting out the violent TV programs are the probelm. I'm not denying that they have no influence at all. However, they are not the main reason. We are not that behind times and we know if something could be tolerated. Instead, it is desperate to find a proper, appropriate reason why the violence happens. Violence has more to do with lack of proper education rather that these medias. Looking forward to hear more from you guys. Welcome to receive any comments or replys.
    이상범

Post  이상범 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

From my own perspective, I think that violence in television and video games evoke violence in our real society mainly due to following reason. As we know, nowadays people are easily accessible to TVs anywhere anytime. As technology advances we become more exposed to TVs and PCs in offices, our homes, and even schools. Doesn't matter if we want to or not, we happen to see violent movies, videos, and any kind of programs. When people, especially youngters like us, are consistently exposed to this situation, there's no doubt they'll start to think violence is not a big deal because they see them all the time. Thus, people will become more violent as it is in the TVs and PCs. In a nutshell, TV program and video games with violent content surely affects people and our society, so we should avoid them.
    최유빈

Post  최유빈 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Recently, I read a book called ‘TV Shock’. The author in the book continuously talks about how TV shows and programs affect people, especially children and teens who are going through adolescence. On the grounds of this book, I totally agree with the idea that violence on TV programs does affect on people.

Since TV shows are becoming more and more violent and lewd, I think it is already posing a lot of problems and issues. In addition, because most parents don’t supervise their offspring watching television, I think it creates many problems to not only children, but also their parents. Consequently, it will give confusion on the society.

In addition, as I look back my childhood, I used to play more games than that of other girls in those times, and as I now think of those days, playing games did affect on me badly. If most people have grown like me, I think it also will pose a problem on the society
    JesseTeacher
    JesseTeacher
    Admin

Post  JesseTeacher Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:31 pm

way to go! Response 1: Violence Way_to_go_Congratulations_xdvx_on_30k-s479x319-100606-580
    강지훈

Response 1: Violence Empty yeahhhhhhhhh

Post  강지훈 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 pm

People who exposed to something usually become inert and can not recognize the seriousity of something. If something is bad, the result of exposure will be more serious. Nowadays, juvenile are exposed to violent things like TV Shows and FPS games. There is no doubt that they affected juvenile. Of course, I don't believe that shows and games are the only things that affect juvenile. However, the clear thing is that shows and games are the most important part for juvenile. Therefore, the shows and games should not include content that is violent.
    우지훈 2-1

Post  우지훈 2-1 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I believe that television programs and video games lead to violent society. It is obvious fact that most of broadcasting systems and game manufacturers use violent scenes as an attraction. The more the society develops, many people get to be stressed out by busy life and enjoy the media as a tonic. With those media with violent scenes, according to the psychological research, human feels enthusiasm and tries to follow them to expose their emotion-aggression. I think that media should be promoted with free right of expression, but to achieve this, these violence should be regulated by some systems (SHOULD NOT be dealt with Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, but with viewers). By this reason, I believe that television programs and video games lead to violent society, and this phenomenon should be taken into consideration.
    이동엽

Post  이동엽 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:37 pm

As a big fan of FPS Game, like Junwoo, I strongly disagree that TV Programs and video games leads to violence in our society. In my case, I have played video games for 4 years whose purpose is to kill people and zombies. But it didn't affect me anything. Actually it was a kind of stress buster which relives my stress I got from my daily life. I strongly believe that violence comes from a stress held in people's mind. If we keep our stress again and again, sometime it will be expressed by violent reactions like swearwords, breaking furniture and something. So we should get rid of our stress by something energetic and charged. Watching TV Programs and playing video games are a way to get vicarious satisfaction.

Last edited by 이동엽 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    조영미 2-2

Post  조영미 2-2 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.[/i]

I believe television programs and video strongly lead to violence in our society. These tend to glamorize violence and make violence just common thing in life. This can make a fatasy of violence to people and if people are accustomed to this sensational image, they might be feel some desire to actualize what they see.
    It is obvious fact that people are esaily affected by mass and television programs and video have a enough power to commove people. Even they have critical toxicity. So this is why i think that television programs and video sould have clean and healthy toughts and reponsibility to prevent people from bad things.
    최현준2-3

Response 1: Violence Empty violence

Post  최현준2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:35 am

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

First of all, I met exactly same topic in a mock English examination. In the text, there is a story that explains the effect of violence from television programs and video games. It proves that those things cannot affect huge impact to human beings exemplifying a experiment which shows growing process of two men who have seen lots of violent programs and have played video games from childhood. In addition, the guru of this experiment says the real reason why people do violent act is concernd to their home background, not thier habits such as watching boxing games and playing fighting games everyday.

Now, as a person who contacted that information, I don't believe the argument that the violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. Even though those don't have great power to lead violence, we should care rash violent media. Also, I think good education may protect society and make peaceful world enough.
    최현준2-3

Post  최현준2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:42 am

Jesse I'm 2-3 Choi hyun june
    이시원 2-2

Response 1: Violence Empty violence

Post  이시원 2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 am

I believe violent TV programs or games bring violence in our society. I'm not trying to say such idea is an absolute truth, however, the point is that violence in mass media is one of the fact, which affects violent behaviors. Some 'fans of violent games' argue that they are the place for expressing stress or inner aggressiveness. At this point, I doubt that 'Such cyber space is the only spot to release stress?' There are many other ways, for example, playing the piano, kicking the ball or punching sandbags. People tend to believe watching or playing violent games is the best one and rationalize frequent exposure to media, finally decide cyber and reality as the same thing; place for expressing violence.
    김지수

Post  김지수 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:50 am

I firmly believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. Of course, little connection with violence in media will not affect violence in our society. However, most people are exposed to media and easy to be influenced by violence in media. Especially, violence in television programs and video games makes children and adolescent imitate the behavior seen in the television and games since they are too young to control themselves moderately. In other words, it is likely for youth to think that they might do what the actors do. Furthermore, they even cannot recognize that virtual reality is different from reality. If youth imitate violent behaviors without recognizing it as reality, they can commit an actual crime which might lead to someone’s serious injury, and that can have an effect on our society causing many to imitate. For these reasons, I strongly think that violence in television and games can lead to violence in our society.
    박지호 2-3

Response 1: Violence Empty Violence in the media

Post  박지호 2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 am

In my opinion, violence in television programs and video games really leads to violence in our society. More and more programs and games are adding violence to attract people. Because of that purpose, only for companies’ own profit, the media got more violent and started to affect society in bad ways. There are many studies that violent media can make children more aggressive. Also we can see articles saying teenagers or adults tried to kill others imitating violent video games. Being exposed to violence through the media can be a kind of addiction so it can lead people to do things that we shouldn’t do. Such as neglecting their children or committing crime. Those things happen every seconds around us and it becomes serious problems in our society.

Last edited by 박지호 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    김민정2-2

Response 1: Violence Empty A major fator of violence

Post  김민정2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 am

In my opinion, television programs and video games that include violence can influence violence in our society. These days, many people spend their spare time watching tv shows or playing games. It means that they have many chances to access violence, and by this people may be insensible to violence. Thus, people can act violently to others without any recognition. In severe cases, some people can not seperate reality and virtual reality. Actually, there were some crime that someone killed others by unrecognition of reality and virtual reality.
    Of course, there some other factors that effect violent act of people, but from those reasons,it's obvious that the media is a major factor of this.

Last edited by 김민정 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    신다영

Response 1: Violence Empty

Post  신다영 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 am

I do believe that violence in mass media does not lead to peoples' violent behavior. People have their own moral standard and can decide which is more and less right. The most deepest-planted moral standard is, I think, not to offend others. Even if human is a social animal who are easily influenced by someone/thing, well perhaps as more, they will not follow the things which make others distracted such as committing violence. Somebody might oppose to this opinion with the example that the person who grew up under violent parents also becomes as same as his or her parents. However there is one certain different thing between these. It is the presence of hurt. Enjoying violent games and being raised by violent parents both get them be in violent envrionment, but enjoying games never give them hurts.

In a sentence, violence with the potential which can cause people to have trauma or get hurts can lead them to the violence. Being exposed to violent media never get them have such things. So under these reasons I beieve violent behaviors broadcasted in media do not lead people to beahve violently.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:18 pm