GIMFLwriting

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIMFL writing class

+58
이하늬
권희원
김혜진1-2
장수영 1-1
이승현 2-2
김소희 1-3
이주현1-2
김혜진2-3
하지연
김수완1-3
홍자현
최정원
성다정 2-2
도혜정
정예진1-1
옥유진2-2
Jongwoo_Glen
방승현2-3
이주영
강재원2-2
김혜수1-3
김성령 2-3
손명진2-3
전지연1-2
안예은 2-1
윤형
김혜주2-3
최혁주
장아정
김현희
2319조혜나
전유림
이지수2-3
김고운
서혜빈1-1
정희은2-3
신다영
김민정2-2
박지호 2-3
김지수
이시원 2-2
최현준2-3
조영미 2-2
이동엽
우지훈 2-1
강지훈
최유빈
이상범
2-2 진우
박한울 2-2
박준효 2-2
정연수 2-2
윤영돈 1-1
1107배준우
이주현2-1
이송영2-3
민성
JesseTeacher
62 posters

Response 1: Violence

정희은2-3

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty

Post  정희은2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:49 am

Though this idea is partly correct, but to know the intrinsic side of our society we should consider where the violence started from.
    As Korean government is concerning about school violence and aggressive character of adolescents, they have established 'Shut down' policy and 'Cooling off' policy that limit teenagers' game playing for banning school violence. Even if I agree with some movies, games and TV shows affect them, the real cause of their behavior is the society which sets excessive value on the academic background than their real ability. Stressful teenagers who don't receive much recognition from teachers because of their school records or who concentrate too much on study without noticing virtue of being social and bright are easily influenced by the media. Therefore the media operates as a triggering device of them.
    I Know my opinion is too neutral and I focused on teenagers since they become adults in the future usually persisting in their beliefs.
    서혜빈1-1

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Re: Response 1: Violence

Post  서혜빈1-1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:59 am

JesseTeacher wrote:Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.

(Reference: This thread is about 40 words.)

I believe that some videos and other related programs can lead to build bad attitudes, especially violence. By becoming imformation-oriented society, we can see and enjoy mass media. But people who are young and aren't fully understand the concept of moral can copy what people act and say in the video or movies something like that.
    If these kind of phenomenon continues, they will cause violence between friends. I think the reason why parents don't let us to play computer game is it's violated and harmful to us. Anyway, we should not follow what the actors act in the movies and avoid watching that kind of videos.
    김고운

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty written by Kim Go Un

Post  김고운 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 am

JesseTeacher wrote:Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.

I absolutely agree that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. The most influential media such as television and the most accessible entertaining tool such as video games have huge impact on our dairy life. If it is expecially related to any violent action, it is inevitable to expect negative results of course. These days, they are so widely opened to young children, that contribute to forming early characteristics of children. For example, they are naturally exposed to what their parents watch since childhood. Therefore they take it as common behaviors that they think they can copy when they grow up. It also can be advanced, too. Finally, it is much more likely to behave violently when they become adult, and the vicious circle starts again.
    이지수2-3

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Re:Response 1: Violence

Post  이지수2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:47 am

I believe that violence in TV programs and video games lead to violence in our society and also have a bad effect on children. We can often see in news a man who is addicted to the violent computer games killed their family or friends. These people's common point is that they killed their close family and friends because they could not distinguish between the real world and computer world. Also, they had been influenced by violence in mass media from their early days. To prevent the occurence of these incident, the mass media should refrain from broadcasting the violent programs. Moreover, parents who have young children need to educate children not to see violent things and help them to find wholesome hobbies, such as sports and reading books.
    전유림

Post  전유림 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 am

I think that violent TV programs and video games lead to violence in our society. Most people have unconscious instinct which imitates someone’s behavior. Therefore it is easy to people to be influenced by surrounding like TV programs and video. For example, if someone watches the violent program or scene which someone kills people and devil, they may think “I want to be a fabulous hero like him.” Soon, he begin to mimic the violent behavior of program characters. In the end, he may believe that he is real hero who has incredible power to defeat anybody. It’s very dangerous thought. If he confront with threats, he will use his physical power to defeat them without consideration. Furthermore, each person who is influenced by violent thing act like this, our society cannot avoid being a violent society.
    2319조혜나

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Violence in our Society

Post  2319조혜나 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:14 am

I believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. Especially, teenagers are dangerous factor. They are in unstable situation of humans life. So they are easily attracted by media and accept them. In addition they like stimulating things, and violence which is shown on television programs and video games is surely stimulating enough.
    We can see that problems more precisely though one newspaper story-A middle school student who was violence game addiction killed his younger brother with an ax while his parents were not home. It's such a shocking incident, but a reason of killing was more shocking. He said he thought that his brother would be revived like a game character! He couldn't recognize the real world and virtual world. Like this story, violence slowly infiltrates our mental through media which is the easiest and fast way, and ruins one's life.
    김현희

Post  김현희 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

Yes, I absolutely agree with the idea that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. There already have been many studies that how media affect to a person, especially addictive things just like violence. People inherently have kind of habit to follow their surroundings whether they intended or not, more when they come into contact with those things repeatedly. When people are exposed so many times to violence, they could be insensitive to violence, and it is awfully danger.
    Moreover, when it comes to children, it is more serious problem, because they are the one whose thoughts are not developed yet, so that they just accept what they saw, what they heard, what they did. Anyone cannot deny that children are affected so much from their environment, particularly something like television which they meet every day.
    장아정

Post  장아정 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:35 am

I absolutely believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. I saw many cases of these violent programs had caused before. What was worse, one 7 years old boy who is addicted to violent game even killed his brother(his family!). Some scientists said that the violent games or TV programs do not directly lead to bad situations(like murder). But 'violence' doesn't mean just an extremely bad cases. I think todays, the words violence includs lewd, depressive things. To catch popularity from publics, television and video games uses too ad captandum vulgus things to their programs. And people use and enjoy those programs without restriction. They continuously have had a bad effect to youth, even an adults. People should realize these serious situations and especially parents, who has children playing games, keep their children from seeing and following violent actions.
    최혁주

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty re: violence

Post  최혁주 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 am

I think violence in TV programs and video games leads to violence in our society. I think violence in TV programs and video games causes children or teenagers to pursue that kind of acts. TV drama, movie, Action game, FPS game are good examples of those things. Contents of them make teenagers feel violence cool. So, TV audiences (mostly juveniles) want to follow that. According to the news at present, there are many teenager crimes which are related to violence in TV programs and video games(like a firearm accident). Therefore, in my opinion, these things affect to our society obviously.
    김혜주2-3

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty violence

Post  김혜주2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:28 pm

I strongly believe that violent television program and games affect to violent behaviors in our society.
    Firstly, we can notice the influence of those violent media from increased copycat crimes. From some movies that treat content about crime, we can easily know the ways how criminals succeed in commiting crime. These movies are kind of lecture for people who want to commit similar crime. It means that people copy the format of crime through movies. Not only movies but also news offer hints for criminals. Reports about how criminals offend and police catch them can be a chance for people preparing commits to revice their plans to make it completely.
    Moreover, addiction to violent games seriously influece to many people to be violent espicially to teenagers. There was an articles about crime commited by a teenager who was addicted in a game. The method of that game is that players should kill their enemies by guns and knives to win. The teenager confused reality and situation in the game that resulted him to kill his sister. It showed how seriously games affect to violence in our society.
    For these reason, I insist that violent media leads to violence in our society.
    윤형

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty violence and multimedia

Post  윤형 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Like most of students, i also think that TV programs and video games can make people violent. For example, i saw the TV news and it said that the child who played violent game killed one of his family because he believed that his family will survive like a character in the game. Then, i was surprised at the news, and i believed that TV programs or games can make a big social problem. Thesedays, i feel the world is controlled by IT things like TV, a smartphone and a computer, and no one can denies the power of a multimedia. So, in order to avoid the problems caused by a multimedia, i think we have to learn how to correctly use a multimedia.
    안예은 2-1

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty In my Opinion

Post  안예은 2-1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I strongly agree that violence in television and video games leads to violence in society. In the case of the younger, they tend to imitate what they see, what they hear. If they contact with any violence mass media, they will copy after it in some way, or it will come out when they become adult. Few years ago, I saw an article that one schoolboy beat his younger brother because he thought he could get an item from that behavior.

In the case of the older, whenever they play violence game or watch violence media, they feel some excitement, tension and tingling. These emotions make people to play and watch more. Even I felt some excitement when I saw movies and I did see more action movies which include committing violence and killing people. If some abnormal people contact with violence media, some accidents which are similar to the one that I mentioned in the first paragraph will happen, but these will be more serious and harsh.

The last thing that I want to say is this. Nowadays, there are so many violence mass media. Even if we don’t want it, it constantly follows us in any way. We are just exposed to violence, and start to think it’s not a big deal because it’s everywhere. I’m saying that we will be adapted, and think it’s natural. Then people will start to commit violence thinking like this. ‘It’s justifiable.’

JesseTeacher
    JesseTeacher
    Admin

Post  JesseTeacher Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 pm

June wrote:Jesse I'm 2-3 Choi hyun june

Can you do me a favor and change your screen name? Thanks!
    전지연1-2

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty we laernd from the mass media.

Post  전지연1-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm

If one famouse drama show us a actor making a romantic proposal to actress, most of women are moved and dreamed and consider this scene as normal situation of society. Like this, if there are some violence scenes of mass media, people usually think that such these bad doings are normal things which we could see and do in our society. Especially, adolescence, who learnd sociability and easily imitated things of media, consider that violence as awsome and cool thing. And follow tham.
    Also, many TV programs and internet games include a lot of needless violence. Most of all, internet games are almost about war between users. Characters of games use a sword or magic to kill each other. Blood spilled from characters even is shown like just the way it is. People has dull sence of violence and blood due to these virtual reality.
    In short, I am strongly disagree with violence of mass media in two point. First is people learnd and considered such violence as normal things from media, and second is that through violence war games, people has dull sence of violence and even blood.
    손명진2-3

Post  손명진2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:49 pm

I first thought humans can notice and recept properly, because our issue said not 'students' but 'all' people, so in my sight, I saw invisable concentration to the side of juveneiles of children.
    As I saw other students' opinions, I suddenly reminded the example of a 30-old-year man. He followed one woman and tried to commit violent crime. To the question why did he act like that, he said that on the video, main character do that, so he thought it would be fine if he do small things. And I also reminded friends who talk about ads on TVs they were just crazy about that - it was just cf!
    Certainly, there is huge influence in television, now I think.
    김성령 2-3

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Re 1: Violence

Post  김성령 2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:53 pm

I believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. Above all things, from young children to teenagers are immature especially in mental. They are easy to be exposed it and the violence stimulates them. If the stimulus was too hard, they could imitate the violence in television and computer games. There is an example that a student who always play the computer game which uses the gun and knife and kills another character killed the other player in reality. They cannot distinguish between reality and game and they think nothing of doing cruel things.
    Only several momths ago, we could easily hear the news about TV and game's viloence and recently administrators make and apply the law which was made to reswtrict the game especially teenagers. Probably they also agree with my statement. Many people say that Teenagers are our future. If they are being violent, it will lead to our society to be violent.
    김혜수1-3

Post  김혜수1-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54 pm

I believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society. We can often see the situations in the news that a boy killed his family because of game. He wanted to pay the game cash, but his mother didn’t accept his ask, so she was damaged by her son. Like this there are so many accidents because of not only games but movies and videos that can access on the Internet. Especially children usually use the Internet very often and they can’t control their mind than adults. It means that they can be influenced negatively and it is possibility to happen the same accident as I wrote before. Thus as we can contact various mass media, also it will leads to violence in our society.
    강재원2-2

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Violence

Post  강재원2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Violent things affect our society. Many violence tests show us that violence in television programs and viedo games affect our cranial nerves. Authoritative 6 medical organizations in America presented that more than 1000 theses pointed out that violence in the media is a cause of some children's violent behavior. And, as a result of another test fulfilled in America, 37 percent of kids felt fears because of violent scenes.
    Like these tests, many tests pointed out problems of violent TV programs and video games. In short, violence in the media and games have bad influence of people and our society.
    이주영

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Violence

Post  이주영 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:28 pm

I strongly believe that the violence in television programs could be related to the violence in our society. Commonly, viewers are passive and unconscious in accepting the scenes or information. There is no exception in accepting something violent. Viewers rarely get resistances about brutal things and they think those violent things are even natural. Nowadays the rate of watching television is getting high and even the rate of sensational programs which stimulate many people is getting high. The more viewers watch violent television show, the more people who accept violence naturally are increased. This atmosphere which accept violence as something reasonable could be caused serious social problems.
    방승현2-3

Post  방승현2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Recently, Korean government announced that they will start to prohibit violent webtoons. Because the government thought that the violent webtoons can cause the violence of students who are the main readers of webtoons. By the same token, some people say that violent television programs and video games cause violence in our society. However, my opinion is different. We have ability to distinguish real world and fictional world and it is our right to watch violent television programs and play video games that have violent scenes. Of course, some people act out their violence which was developed by violent TV programs or video games. However, in these cases, we can't sure that the cause of these people's violence is violent TV programs or video games. The cause can be the desire of violence which was hidden in their mind.
    Thus, I insist that there is no correlation between violence in society and violent TV programs or video games.
    Jongwoo_Glen

Post  Jongwoo_Glen Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I believe that violence in television programs and video games has a strong influence on real violence in society. As we know, as technology like TVs and computers advances, we can be exposed to violence easily. Especially young people do not understand the difference between fiction and reality in their TV viewing or playing games. So the violence in media may make them act violent.
    Do you know that two in five students in Korea are affected by bulling? I think it's related to our media. To get rid of this bad situation, it's important to regulate violent and cruel scenes in TV and games strictly. We'd better try hard to save young people from violence since they will become member of our society.
    However, not only children are affected by media, but adults also can be. A study found that 95% of criminals had experienced violent games. Also they said they wanted to mimic violence in games. What does it mean by that? Therefore, our electronic media can lead agression and it needs to be tightened.
    옥유진2-2

Post  옥유진2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:34 pm

I believe the violence in the television leads to violence in our society. Because when people watch something violent, they became accustomed to some violent things. So they hit or attack somebody without any qualm.
    And it is more serious among the children. Children who don't have standard for thinking directly accept the violence. That's why there is age requirement in dramas or movies which are too violent. Generally children who watch many violent contents use more abusive language and more impulsive than others.
    So I insist that people should not watch violent contents frequently, especially who are young.
    정예진1-1

Post  정예진1-1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

I totally agree with this.
    violence in television and video games leads to violen in our society. Expressly it influence to the children who are mostly exposure to the game and TV show. For the children, they don't have
    special activity or sports to play. Most of them stay home, watching television or playing games. But as you know, theses days, television program and gmaes are quite violence. There are lots of slang, fighting scenes and even the murder scenes. Because children are yong, the right reognition doesn't take their seat yet. So there can be a big possibilty for children to think that those violence things in the media is cool. Also cildren who get a impression of the violence scenes could imitate those violence activity. And that's why i aree with this topic.

도혜정

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Agree with the question

Post  도혜정 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Topic: Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

I absolutely agree. Most of televison programs and video games are addictive. So people tend to spend many time on these things. Then whether they realize or not, they starts to follow what they have seen. For example, there was an incident which a boy killed his mother because she asked him to stop playing games. Even she didn't exert her influence over him forcibly. As we could know from this case, violence in television program and video games are exposed by people's behavior. Moreover, most users of those games are children. Childrens don't have their strict mind to figure out something is right or wrong. So they are going to follow anything shich they experienced, heard, and saw. For them, violentive actions or words are not things to keep away. Those are just new and interesting thing what they learned while living. That's why they imitate them. In conclusion, violentive things from games affect users and it appear through their behavior, finally it influences society.

Last edited by 도혜정 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    성다정 2-2

Response 1: Violence - Page 2 Empty Reponse to the topic

Post  성다정 2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm

These days we are exposed to so many medias especially TV programs and video games. Through these ones, we can get many positive things such as solving our stresses, getting a lot of information and meeting many people who we can’t meet in real society. Like this, TV programs and video games affect us largely, and they are close to us. What TV programs and video games lead to the violence in society is not right, I think. The most serious problem is that TV and games insert sensational items to make people focus on their programs, and one of the items is ‘violence’. In other words, many people meet ‘violence’ in many places, they are very common things in these days. They can’t avoid the violent things and get used to them. Then, they express violent things unconsciously through their behaviors or words, because people tend to follow the repeatedly things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm