GIMFLwriting

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIMFL writing class

+22
이주현1-2
우지훈 2-1
성다정 2-2
김지수
이주영
김민정2-2
2319조혜나
서혜빈1-1
이시원 2-2
정연수 2-2
이상범
김현희
정예진1-1
1107배준우
하지연
윤형
김혜진2-3
이예지1-3
charlie
이송영2-3
조영미 2-2
JesseTeacher
26 posters

Assignment #3: Motivation

JesseTeacher
    JesseTeacher
    Admin

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Assignment #3: Motivation

Post  JesseTeacher Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:23 am

"What do you think motivates people to do their best?" There is a lot that can be said about this, however you just need to give me your thoughts briefly. Tell me in about 200 words, what motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

Be careful about using sentence fragments and run-on sentences.
    조영미 2-2

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty my thought

Post  조영미 2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:06 pm

I think that the common motivation of people is their desire to accomplish something. It depends on personal characteristic, but it is sure that accomplishment gives people satisfaction. From intrinsic developement to fame, to accomphish something can be a great motivation. Actually it is also my boggest motivation. This desire gives me power to endure hardships during studying. I can always make every effort because l have a desire to accomplish my dream.
    이송영2-3
    이송영2-3

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Re: Assignment #3: Motivation

Post  이송영2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

"What do you think motivates people to do their best?" There is a lot that can be said about this, however you just need to give me your thoughts briefly. Tell me in about 200 words, what motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

In case of students, most of them decide their career related to what they are good at, rarely concern about what they really like. As the example, there is a word 'the best you like is at which you are best'. Then, what's the reason? For example, one day, Jim got a good grage on English. His parents and teacher praised him for it, and also his classmates. After that, to satisfy his parents, teachers, and his classmates, Jim will study English harder to get a better grade and satisfy them again. Yes, what motivates poeple is praise. If I had heard praise that I'm the only one who can do it, I might achieve it motivated from the praise. Thus, my opinion of what motivates people to do their best is praise from around people.
    charlie

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Motivation for me

Post  charlie Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 pm

It is obvious that every people have their own way to motivate themselves. Also if one finds the right motivation stimulation they can more than likely excel in the.ir line of work. For some people it may be materials or some people it may be mental pleasure. For me it is myself. After all the hard work I have done, I look back at my self and figure out what I did wrong and vise versa. It makes me happy to find out that I have improved. Moreover to know that I have the potential to grow in the future makes me work even harder
    이예지1-3
    이예지1-3

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Motivate and Purpose

Post  이예지1-3 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 pm

"What do you think motivates people to do their best?"

I read some materials about this topic. So to speak, people can be more motivated if they paid some rewards. But it is not true that the more money people get, the more people motivated. So people need another important thing. It is purpose. If people set their specific purpose, they can proceed toward it without wandering. I quite agree. For example, purpose is very important motive in studying. In my case, I can be motivated by my purpose like dream or something like that. So when I was exhausted or tired, I thought my purpose. Then I motivated again to get my purpose.

김혜진2-3

Post  김혜진2-3 Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 pm

I think what motivates people is their goal. The goal can vary according to the situation; it could be money, fame or just their desire to be better and accomplish more. Usually people tend to get better results when they have something specific in mind, not just a vague idea. I think the more specific the goal is, the better results you can get. It helps them to be more focused and therefore reduces the time that is needed to accomplish the goal. For example, when studying math, I usually don't study really hard when I did not set the exact number of pages and problems to solve. However, when I set the number of pages that I decide to study that day, I focus more because I have a specific goal in mind that I'm very determined to accomplish. This is why a lot of students and teachers recommend us to make a schedule for studying, because it helps us stop our minds from wandering and forgetting what we had intended to do.
    윤형

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty What motivates me

Post  윤형 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 am

I totally agree with 혜진(2-3). When I saw this topic at the first time, i thought about what usually motivated me. It was nor money neither fame and power. It was the goal which I really want to acheive. Those motivations like money and fame may be able to motivate people, but I believe it will not last long. For example, modern people tend to get a job which they like rather than which can make a lot of money. Although the job guarantee you a lot of money, if it isn't the job that you like, you will not want to get the job. So finding what you like and setting a goal to make your dream come true is the most important thing when you decide your goal. The goal should be specific. Unless it is not clear, you can easily give it up or lose your own way.
    하지연

Post  하지연 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:26 am

"What do you think motivates people to do their best?"

I think what motiviates people is the fundamental desire to succeed in order to live better lives than other people around them. To put it another way, we, people usually set a goal so that it could become much easier to live happy life by achieving the goal. Though money, fame, and other material things could be some motivates to people, these things are just some of lots of factors that can bring happiness in the end.
    Also dreaming and imaging what they want to be is one of the most important factors to motivate. People tend to draw their future lives in their mind positively and enjoy imaging their 'ever happily life'. Even it seems like vain efforts, imaging really helps drive people's motivation
    1107배준우

Post  1107배준우 Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 pm

JesseTeacher wrote:"What do you think motivates people to do their best?" There is a lot that can be said about this, however you just need to give me your thoughts briefly. Tell me in about 200 words, what motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

I say money motivates most of people. Excluding ones’ happiness while action, money usually makes people perform certain action. In example of assassins or mercenary (or hired guns), they are the ones who risks their lives in exchange of money. Although people are unpleasant doing such an act if money or reward is enough there would be more than thousands of people who are willing to take a job. Goal? It would be great if the act both provides money and goals. However, people think, do cleaner you think nearby seems happy about their work? There might be however, most don’t. Yap it’s true that people whose doing volunteering work are nothing moving for money. However, what if they don’t make enough money for living are they still willing to do the volunteering work? I say not! Unpleasant to admit but money is the most important part that motivates people
    정예진1-1

Post  정예진1-1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

JesseTeacher wrote:"What do you think motivates people to do their best?" There is a lot that can be said about this, however you just need to give me your thoughts briefly. Tell me in about 200 words, what motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

In my case, I usually motivate by other people. For example, I actually don't like to study and neither have an intereast in my dream or accomprlishment. But when I see some students who are studying in the library, I feel anxiety that my future might be a failure life since I didn't study as much as them. As a result I usually study or do something because of feeling a competitive with other peple. Most of people said that they are motivate by sense of accomplishment or dream, but I don't believe that really. Of course dream can be a motivation, I don't deny that. But not the most of people do. They might be think like me, because they are worried about their future, and feel some uneasiness when they watch other studing.
    김현희

Post  김현희 Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm

In my opinion, I think "desire" is the biggest motivation which makes people do their best. What I say "desire" is not just a common wish, but a sincerely ardent passion. When people feel strong desire about something, they only think how they could get it, what should they do, and try everything to get it. They just cannot stop thinking of that. That’s a real desire, and nothing is stronger than that as the driving force, which makes people do their best. My idea is really similar with 'Success: How bad do you want it?' which we learned in our class. I really agree with that. If you want to achieve something, you must desire it badly, and that’s what motivates us the most.
    이상범

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Motivation

Post  이상범 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 pm

There are actually so many things that motivates people. Among them, I think there are two main motivations; desire and money.
    First, when you have a desire to do something, for example, if you are hungry and want to eat some 라면, you would go and cook for yourself. Wanting to eat 라면 is a desire and cooking it is an action, so it can be said desire motivated an action. Second,money is a pretty nice reward that can motivate people. Thesedays, we live in a capitalism country, so we all need money to do anything. We work to earn money, and we try to save as much as we can. Let's say I asked some random guys on the street to yell as loud as they can. Normally, they wouldn't, but with a little bit of help from money, they're most likely to do so. Therefore, I think that desire and money main motivation for people.
    정연수 2-2

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Where the motivation come from?

Post  정연수 2-2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

There are many reasons for doing something commonly we call that motivation. So, where the motivation come from? Actually I don't believe that desire to acommplish motivates people. Maybe it could motivates people, however there must be the purpose to accomplish something. In other words, when we have a dream, we think like this - "I want to 'blah blah' after I accomplish it". In this sentence, 'blah blah' is another motivation for example, 'blah blah' can be a rich person or celebrity or authority. Thus, there is another real motivation over the unidimensional motivation.
    이시원 2-2

Post  이시원 2-2 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Motivation is like a strong power or great engine that helps people to do something. We know how much it is important and effective to achieve something, as we can see blank box for writing motivation in every resume papers. But I think to be motivated by something is quiet difficult. When we are motivated by something, we might feel heart beating or strong passion to the goal, but it rarely happens.
    I think we can find motivation in our own experiences, our own actions. Or people around us. Personally, I usually motivated by people like parents, classmates, and teachers. I can learn things from them, and adopt those to my actual life, with better form. Plus, I believe people will be also motivated by my developed actions. We influence each other and can develop together.
    서혜빈1-1

Post  서혜빈1-1 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:17 pm

In my case, I think the person who I respect motivates a lot. By reading a book or watching TV program about that person makes me feel passionate. If you want to be motivated in study, you can find a person who study very hard in the class or the senior students who memorizing some words even when they are eating lunch. Or, If you want to be motivated in sports, you can practice soccer or any kind of sports like the premium player. If you continue to do that day by day, your ability will get better.
    When I feel depressed, I always remind the person who I respect. It can be my parents, friends and teachers. When I see they are totally concentrated in their job, I think I also need to do more like them. And what I said here is really effective. In the past, I've got a good grade by trying to do the same thing with the smart classmate.
    2319조혜나

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty What Motivates People?

Post  2319조혜나 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 am

[quote="JesseTeacher"]"What do you think motivates people to do their best?" There is a lot that can be said about this, however you just need to give me your thoughts briefly. Tell me in about 200 words, what motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

There are lots of things that give motivations to people. However, the best thing is the 'dreams'. It sounds like a trite remark and an abstract concept, but it is important.
    Think about why many well-known people and companies emphasize the dreams, saying "Have dreams" or "I have a dream". Because it cause people to want to do something.
    If someone has a dream, he or she can do someting without incentives like money. It stimulates people and gives willpower.
    김민정2-2

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty What motivates us?

Post  김민정2-2 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 am

What motivates people and what motivates you in particular?

I think dream is the best motivation generally to most people though there are many things that motivate us like money, or high position. To make dreams come true, people do their best in doing something related to their dreams. Also, If he or she is in hard time, dreams can be a great motivation and energy to overcome that.
    Also, a person who each person admires is a good motivation to people. To be like them, people can change their behavior or concentrate more on their work. In addition, people get courage that we can achieve what we want to do.
    To me, not only dream but also myself is a big motivation. With recognition of my weakness and strengths,I can keep doing something dilligently to overcome my weakness and improve my strengths. Therefore, When I want to be lazy and depressed, I remind my dreams, my weakness and strengths.
    이주영

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Motivations!

Post  이주영 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm not sure what motivates other people to do their best, but in my case, I'm sure that I'm motivated by obvious goals and certain dream. For this year, I made "2012 plan" for 3parts, studying, BoGL, and Individual things. Thanks to these goals, I said to myself, not to quit but to keep what I planned. This goals made me a motivation to do my best. Those goals are finally related to my own dream. Having a apparent dream helps me provide exact reasons why I have to do those things. Eventually, I can have passions about what I do right now, also I can make a lot of efforts to that work.
    김지수

Post  김지수 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I was very curious about how people are motivated because I'm not motivated actually these days. Observing some people, I find out why those who achieved what they wanted do their best and get motivated. The reason is that they know what they really want like the black man who appeared in video which Jesse showed us. If you desperately want to achieve something meaningful to you, no one else is out of your concern and nothing is important than what you want. In this way, strong desire and eagerness makes many people motivated.
    In my case, actually I don't know what I really want so I don't think I have such a strong desire. I think that's why I'm not motivated and fall asleep whenever I feel like sleeping. I really hope to find out what I really want early. But, I know that it is impossible right now because all I have to do is nothing but studying. On the other hand, I know that someday I will finally get to know what I eagerly want. Until the day comes, I'll study hard and get motivated and finally I will achieve what I desperately want.
    성다정 2-2

Post  성다정 2-2 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

I think it is certain that each person's 'DREAM' motivates people Specifically speaking, a short term goal for an ultimate dream is the best motivation. For me, of course, a short term goal and my dream make me do something hard, but actually, my parents' or other people's cheer makes me motivated now. I feel appreciated with that, so I want to repay for them, and I can do everything more hard and enthusiasm. Sometimes someone's critical advice can be a motivation for me. The more I recall that point, the more I can correct myself, and it makes me try another ways to approach my goal.
    우지훈 2-1

Post  우지훈 2-1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:13 pm

In terms of motivation, I believe that 'interest' makes people to do their best. For me, I do not really try my best what I am not interested in. For example, when I was first grader, I learned Chemistry. However, as I hated science and it never made me be interested, I didn't study hard. As a result, I got a poor grade on Chemistry. Also, the time when I feel bad or sick, I cannot concentrate on studying because I am not interested!
    Next, 'plan' also makes people motivate. I made a list of 2012, and watching this list, I am motivated. On the list, I wrote 'Not to sleep after morning exercise', and nowadays, I do not sleep caring for that list. Many people recommend students to make plan for effective studying. In this sense, I believe that it must be because it motivates them.
    Thus, when it comes to motivation, I believe that 'interest' and 'plan' make people be motivated. These days, I usually feel depressed, and I think I need to be interested in my life, and make plans to be motivated.
    이주현1-2

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty Satisfaction

Post  이주현1-2 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 pm

If someone asks me what makes me watch TV drama, I would definitely say "I just want to.". If someone asks me how come I study everyday, I would say "Well... To achieve my goal.". These above two examples clarifies what motivates people to do their things: satisfaction. People try their best when they do what they want to do because that way people feel satisfied and fulfilled by that process. They also do some work unwillingly to feel satisfaction after those processes.
    I think that achieving your goal is another way to be happy and fulfill yourself with satisfaction. We study and try our best to enter ‘GOOD’ university to succeed which is your ultimate goal that also makes you delightful. Someone might say “I do my best for my parents(or friends)”. It does not mean that he works for only his people around him. He does his best to be happy by seeing his people satisfied. Therefore, I think that satisfaction is one thing that motivates you.
    서하경

Post  서하경 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Most people who achieve their dreams tell students,"It can be helpful to you that setting up your clear goals in studing." Not only students but also many people have heard this before. As you know, all people have their own goals of life. Maybe it makes people motivate and do their best. In our case, the main reason motivating us is going to a good university. However, I think the most big reason motivating people is 'death'. All people know that they are all mortal. In other words, we can only live once. Unfortunately, most people forget the fact and move on. If you always remember the fact that we are all mortal, your life absolutely has a different meaning. Also, Steven Jobs said that death is the best invention made by life. Namely, death is the big motive of changing our life. I wonder if there are more strong reasons motivating people than death. Don't you think so?

Last edited by 서하경 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    장홍주 1-1

Post  장홍주 1-1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 pm

What motivates me the most? flower

Just like what other students have commented, dream or disire to do something can be the biggest factor that motivates people, especially us students. I do agree with all above, but to my very individual case,to specify, 'dislike to do something' is indeed the most factor that motivates me. It might sound quite odd to some, but it works on me. Let's suppose there's a task I should do, but I 'm not actually willing to do. In that case, which forces me to work more is the expected result that will happen when I don't, not the positive expected result. Guessing and imaging side effects that will get me in trouble, it makes me work on to avoid those bad cases. Disire or Willingness to achieve something do motivates people, but sometimes, especially in my personal case, unwillingness to do something does work well in motivating me.

도혜정

Assignment #3: Motivation Empty what are some motivations?

Post  도혜정 Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 pm

When you listen speeches of famous people which is talk about how they could make a success, commonly most of them say they set a goal, and it gave energy when they wanted to give up. As we can know from this, goal is an aggregate of people's hopes. So it helps people to make progress even though there are many dangers and hardness. The goal affects me in many parts too. If I write down my goal of university and stick it on my desk, even if I want to get some sleep, the phrase stimulates to study.
    However I think suppters around me also motivate me. When I feel too tired or when there is a hard math question which is not easy to solve, sometimes I want to give up. At this time, even the goal could not be a stimulant, but if I figure out suppters, for example mother, father, brother, teacher and else, they become one of the reason that why I should not give up and keep trying.
    Finally, I think a goal and suppters are most effective motivation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm