GIMFLwriting

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIMFL writing class

+58
이하늬
권희원
김혜진1-2
장수영 1-1
이승현 2-2
김소희 1-3
이주현1-2
김혜진2-3
하지연
김수완1-3
홍자현
최정원
성다정 2-2
도혜정
정예진1-1
옥유진2-2
Jongwoo_Glen
방승현2-3
이주영
강재원2-2
김혜수1-3
김성령 2-3
손명진2-3
전지연1-2
안예은 2-1
윤형
김혜주2-3
최혁주
장아정
김현희
2319조혜나
전유림
이지수2-3
김고운
서혜빈1-1
정희은2-3
신다영
김민정2-2
박지호 2-3
김지수
이시원 2-2
최현준2-3
조영미 2-2
이동엽
우지훈 2-1
강지훈
최유빈
이상범
2-2 진우
박한울 2-2
박준효 2-2
정연수 2-2
윤영돈 1-1
1107배준우
이주현2-1
이송영2-3
민성
JesseTeacher
62 posters

Response 1: Violence

최정원

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty Re-Response 1: Violence

Post  최정원 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:53 pm

There was a man who was occupied in the video game which is copiously ruthless by murdering characters. He indulged in the game and even couldn't be discrete whether society we live in is real or not. Eventually he murdered numerous people randomly in the center of metroplis. It shows how much media affects us in managing our lives. Especially popular TV shows target enormous people and relatively can easily be accessed. TV cannot bar lots of violent programs which children who shouldn't watch. At any rate, encountering mass media, even it is secon-hand, we cannot help being affected. I absoulutely believe violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society.

홍자현

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty Re: Response 1: Violence

Post  홍자현 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't believe that televisions lead more violence in korea. There has been televisions since long time ago, but there wasn't many violence crimes or other things at that moment. However, after the advent of the internet, Korean society started to be more violent. Information which is not beneficial for the society can be come easier through internet than television, because internet is "the ocean of information". In fact, information which was not distinguished is more dangerous than information which was refined by the broadcasting station.
    김수완1-3
    김수완1-3

Post  김수완1-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I think the program which involves a lot of violent factors causes the violence of society, Psychologist did an interesting experiment. They divided kids into 2 groups and showed 2 scenes to each group: One was hitting the people and the other was petting the people. After seeing them, Psychologist gave dolls to each group. Then the most of children who had seen the petting seen pet the doll. But those who had been seen the hitting scene hit the doll. As an outcome of this tendency, we can know the influence of violent program. Also adolescent tends to make their imaginations to real. By watching a lot of violent games as well as program, their brains are full of violent things. Actually there are a lot of terrible incidents like killing their parents of sister and over half of the reason why they kill the people impulsively is due to influence of violent programs or games. Factors which compose the society are humans. So if something affects a bad influence to people, it cannot help making a critical impact to society. As a result violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society.
    하지연

Post  하지연 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

How can we deny the tendency that violence in television programs and video games affect human’s behavior gradually in a bad way? We hear lots of news about crimes committed by someone affected by games, mistaking virtual world as a real world. Especially, teenagers in puberty are likely to misunderstand the virtual world so that they act on impulse and that when they get angry, they do harm others in a second. For instance, there was an incident that a boy who is a middle school student killed his mom in Busan. He was not really planning to kill her mother but just couldn’t control his aggressive impulse. Why? He was playing online games at that time. Of course, we cannot generalize the effect caused by violent games with only this example. However, due to the spread of electronic tools from a video game to a galaxy tab, we have to be more alert with the violence of media.
    김혜진2-3

Post  김혜진2-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:23 pm

In my opinion, violence in television programs and video games inevitably leads to violence in our society. To be specific, people are easily effected by what we see or hear everyday. We cannot help but respond to things aroung us. This is especially true for children who learn a lot from their surrounding environments. Particularly, these days, television is closely related to our lives more than ever. Therefore, children can't help but copy violence on TV and consider them as something inevitable. Those children grow up and form society, so violence on TV or video games cannot help but effect our society.
    To give an example, once there was a soldier who was addicted to a survival computer game. He was so used to shooting guns and killing people in the game that he became to consider his behavior normal and violence as an necessity. So one night, instead of playing the game, he shot his comrades for real. This lead to a tragic loss of many lives. If he weren't effected so much by violence on the video game, this kind of thing would have never happened. So to sum up, I strongly support that violence on TV and video games makes our society violent.
    이주현1-2

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty No

Post  이주현1-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 pm

In my opinion, I believe that media like TV and movie does not affect the society in a violent way. The reason why is that we, who enjoy the watching materials have absolute ability to distinguish the reality and the world of imagination. We, the viewers, regard the scene which shows only two of main characters beat more than ten of antagonists with no weapons, as just a drama, not an event that could happen in a reality. On the other hand, the case of video game is different. What leads the society to the violence is the sensational games because the players feel that they can do whatever the characters do by controlling them. As a result, I think that media except video games, which makes you a controller, does not raise violence in society.
    김소희 1-3

Post  김소희 1-3 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:31 pm

JesseTeacher wrote:Be sure to make good sentences. Be careful about run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and answer the following in at least 125 words:

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society? Explain.

(Reference: This thread is about 40 words.)

I believe television programs and video games make us violent.
    Because there are many children or students, who are influenced easily by media and they follow the act or words which are in media. And the media is all around us, so we can access easily.
    The manager who makes television programs or video games try to reduce acts or words which is violent.
    이승현 2-2

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty o

Post  이승현 2-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:40 pm

I absolutely agree with that violence in television programs and video games affects in our society.
    These days, people are exposed to media a lot. Especially, children can't form proper judjemnt because they are immature metally.It means violence in media affects a lot to children. So they can be aggressive when played aggressive game and they tend to imitate game character or movie character with their friends.
    We have to make solution about that quickly.
    장수영 1-1

Post  장수영 1-1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm

I’m certain that violence seen in television programs, video games and other disrupting mass media gives rise to the growing problem of violence in our society. There was an experiment conducted by Bandura, who is a psychologist. In that experiment Bandura showed an offensive action movie to four-year-old boys. After the movie, each boy was taken to a room. There was a doll. Most of them hit, kicked and even swore at the doll as they imitated aggressive act from the movie they watched. As you have seen that experiment, adolescents and kids tend to follow what they saw. They have no complete ability to distinguish what they should not imitate. Horrible violence in movie scenes can be the reality by the defective minors. In my opinion, adults should regulate exposure of violence by media to decrease violence in our society.
    김혜진1-2

Post  김혜진1-2 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

Originally the purpose of TV program is to make people feel nice showing many parts of our life in a funny way and video games is to allow us to feel and experience something that we cannot get in a real world. However as many other student in forum said,exposed to violence by television and video games people can be more violent and tend to do violence more. Because it is natural for human to be excited about something stimulus such as thriller. But i feel that anything around us can be violent, creepy without any proper thinking. I give some example for my opinion.Suppose that two people are watching cutting the fish at the fish shop, one thinks 'oh it look very delicious i will make it stew for dinner',but other can think 'oh it's really creepy!!! how could you... What i believe is although violent scene and action in TV program and video games, having a right perspective, it can be just funny TV program and exciting video games. we should not to watch and play it by facts that just make media send message more effectively. I'm certain that violence in TV program and video games doesn't matter if we recognize what is real role of media and games.

Last edited by 김혜진1-2 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    권희원

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty here is it!

Post  권희원 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I totally agree that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society.
    There are lots of cases that the people who used violence had a violent childhood such as living with violent parents. The experience can affect to the child seriously. Like that situation, the television and games that have lots of violent scene, make the children affected badly. Because those kinds of programs can make the users’ sense dull to the violence. So if the user contact with the violent situation, they maybe would not to be that much serious, and lose their critical mind to the violence. This reflects the fact that although violence is in television or game, users can be affected badly from those programs.
    For this reason, I believe that violence in television programs and video games lead to violence in our society.

Thank you..! Smile
    이하늬

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty violence

Post  이하늬 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I think that television programs and video games which contain abusive things can lead to violence in our society. I watched a news; son killed his mother because she started a conversation while he is playing a game. I think that this situation is related with not only addictiveness but also violence. Most students accept informations without discernment and they also accept a portion of violence through playing many violent games.
    Government limited a person under certain age not to see a movie. Why did they limit the age and what kinds of movie is selected to be limited? I think that there are two kinds of things being limited. One is a suggestive thing and another is a violent thing. those should be limited because of imitation. especially, young children tend to imitate what other does.
    SO I THINK THAT CHILDREN THAT DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DISCERNMENT HAVE TO AVOID VIOLENCE THINGS.
    장홍주 1-1

Post  장홍주 1-1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

About a prevalent, controversial topic-existence of relationship between violent TV shows or video games and violent behavior-I would say it has clear relationship so violent things televised on TV or games do cause violence in society. Let’s take the case of television first. We usually see dramas or movies on television. Who shows up in that TV show? Mainly, the people who we wish to be similar with. Intrinsically human try to copy someone who they admire. Whether they think it’s desirable or not, if someone they admire does something, people tend to follow what they do. In other words, when entertainers or talents show some violent behaviors, without any critical thinking, they’ll accept and follow things they shouldn’t. And for the case of video games, by repeating some violent behaviors, they’ll get used to such things and will easily follow what they did in the so-called ‘game world’. So far mentioned, it’s inevitable to admit the fact that violence TV shows and video games lead to violence in society. The only thing now we should focus on is to find how to decrease the influence of those medium.

Sorry for being late flower
    2127 한승윤

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty Do you believe that violence......

Post  2127 한승윤 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 am

There is no doubt obout that Media affects to Social Violece. We can easily find example of this and Many reasearches are have been taiken. We call these kinds phenomenon as 'Media violence' And Here I bring some example of Media Violence. 'More than 70 percent of American teenage boys have played the violent and adult-rated Grand Theft Auto video game, and those teens are more likely to have been in a fight than those who have not played, according to a new Gallup poll quoted in the Washington Post.' Playing violent video games can increase aggressive thoughts, feelings and behavior, say researchers in the BBC News article, Video Games 'Increase Aggression.' They warn that violent video games may be more harmful than violent television or films because they are interactive, and require the player to identify with the aggressive character. Not only these reaserch We can find Media Violence ourselves. After watch a action movie, Our hurts beat rapidly and our voice tone is change. In short, It is obvious fact that Media(like a movie or game things)leads to violence in our society.
    조예진2-1

Post  조예진2-1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 am

I believe that violent television programs and games certainly affect our society. They will make people to get used to violent things and think that those are not big deals. Through a continuous exposure to them, fighting and killing will be considered as common things which often occur in daily lives even by the elementary school students. In addition, distinguishing the real world from the fake world would be difficult for the people who keep watching those violent television programs and games. You can find out that it’s really happening quite a lot in today’s crimes. What is more is that they let people know the detailed methods of violent things. They will easily learn how to fight, kill and break laws. And what do you think they will do with the things they’ve learned? Of course, the answer is practicing.
    이예지1-3
    이예지1-3

Response 1: Violence - Page 3 Empty violence

Post  이예지1-3 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Do you believe that violence in television programs and video games leads to violence in our society?

I want to say it is exactly true. When child learn language, they usually micmic their parents.
    The child are just see parents's acts and sayings and finally make them their own language.
    I think the television is same with parents in this story. If we see television, we can involuntarily micmic what we see.
    So although television is very beneficial source to get various information, but if it includes violence, it can be dangerous.
    We can do violent acts as learn by just watching in television. Because people learn well by seeing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:37 am